Wednesday 1 March 2017

Steps on going BLONDE on Natural Hair

For us as naturals, going blond scares us!  Because we know if we want to go blond we have to bleach our hair which can be quite damaging to our gorgeous curls!


I know without a doubt bleaching hair can be damaging no matter what, even if you hear that you should apply coconut oil on your hair to be less damaging.  I know that's not true because I tried it! I don't regret bleaching my hair though because all the black is out of my hair and I can color it whatever color I like knowing the color will show, because if your hair is black and you try going a lighter color, you will be left dissapointed.

After bleaching my hair about a year ago before my big chop, I had to cut off the ends, because it was dry and very frizzy.  So when you are done. just cut a bit off your ends and the next time you decide to bleach again will probably be when your hair starts growing out and you only have to bleach that part or you can leave it to grow out, its up to you.

Alright lets get started.
Here are the steps to going blond on natural curly hair.

What you will need:
  • Cream bleach or powder and developer (if you have powder bleach make sure to follow the instructions on how to mix it correctly)
  • Pair of latex gloves
  • Tint brush
  • Towel (for around your neck area)
  • Toner
  • Drug store Colour packet of blonde dye
  • Make sure to wear an old T-Shirt!
Step 1 - Make sure your hair is dry.  Do not wash or wet your hair before starting the application.  Split your hair into 4 sections and start to apply your cream bleach  to your hair.  Avoid touching your scalp with the bleach! Apply the bleach all over your hair.


Step 2 - Have the application for about 35 minutes on your hair before rinsing it out. Latest 45 minutes! Do not over bleach! At this stage your hair will be looking kind of orange and yellow. Do not worry! We not done yet.


Step 3 - Apply the toner.  Apply again the same way as step 1.  Sections apply all over.  This will look purple on your hair but this will take away the yellow-orange looking hair. Leave this on for about 20 minutes rinse out. 
Apply some leave in conditioner to your hair or any treatment. 
Continue the step 4 the following day!  Your hair needs to rest!


Step 4 - Make sure your conditioner is rinsed out. 
Now apply your blond drug store packet of hair colour to your hair.
Follow the instructions on the packet And there you go.  If you would like it to be a even more lighter blonde (platinum blonde).  I suggest you wait for about a month before bleaching again, because it is a process and just do the steps over again.  

I must say that I am thinking about going blonde myself soon, very soon!! I will keep you guys updated when I do!

Please make sure to follow and subscribe to Fashion Roman and follow me on instagram @elzania_deponte.

xx







No comments:

Post a Comment